“Mindfulness entails being present in the moment, which is the ground out of which tranquillity arises. One comes face-to-face with the mind and learns about it at a deep level. This leads to inner understanding and penetrating insight into the illusion we have created about ourselves and the nature of life.” Rob Nairn
Mindfulness is learning to pay attention to our moment-by-moment experience with an attitude of kindness and curiosity. The progressive training results in a deepening awareness and compassion. We become more resilient to the ups and downs of everyday life.
Mindfulness Africa offers training in mindfulness and mindful movement:
- to deepen awareness and compassion, and
- to neutralise the negative effects of stress
Purpose & Principles
The purpose of the network is to contribute towards creating more compassionate communities and the growth of mindfulness internationally.
Mindfulness Africa trainers abide by the following principles:
- embody the qualities of compassion, empathy, generosity, patience and trustworthiness.
- commit to being congruent in using mindful speech and practising what we teach.
- be open, inclusive and embrace diversity.
- commit to being trustworthy and trusting others.
- are realistic in what we can offer the organisation and keep our commitments with joyful effort.
As Mindfulness Africa trainers, we offer courses to our communities by teaching through personal experience, sharing honestly, with humour and lightness, and using diverse approaches relevant to our audience.
Mindfulness Africa has a Franchise Agreement with the Mindfulness Association, established by Rob Nairn in the UK. We offer the same courses on mindfulness and compassion. All Mindfulness Africa tutors are trained in accordance with the UK Good Practice Guidelines and the Mindfulness Based Living Course is one of the courses recognised in the UK Good Practice Guidelines. Please see: https://www.mindfulnessassociation.net